Freitag, 29. Juni 2012

June 29 - Monterey

This morning I got up at 8:30 a.m., took a shower and at 9:00 we had breakfast. Christoph still had some cheese left, so I didn't have to eat sweets for breakfast and everything was fine:-)
After breakfast I started working on my blog and Christoph went for a bike trip: He wanted to bike the 17-miles drive, where all the properties and houses of the rich people were. For bikes that drive was free of charge, cardrivers had to pay. Christoph was away from 11:30 to 15:00 and added another 40km to his mileage report. Meanwhile I was eager to blog about our trip and started to write the advertisment for my bike which I wanted to sell as soon as we reached LA.
At the bikeshop the shop clerk had given me the following internet address: which is used by everybody to sell or buy things. I tried to figure out how to post my bike, looked up the most important technical details about my bike and also prepared some pictures. When everything was finished I put it on craigslist but what I hadn't known was that they wanted a kind of identification. I received an email from craigslist saying that my ad would be activated as soon as I emailed my phone number back. The problem was that they only accepted Canadian or American phone numbers, prepaid numbers excluded. Christoph and I had bought a prepaid card at the airport and that was it. I emailed them back, describing my situation and asked them what to do (but I never got an answer back:-( ). So I decided to deal with that problem later...

When Christoph came back we decided to walk to Fisherman's Wharf for dinner. We left at 17:00 and it took us a while to choose a restaurant. Not because they didn't look good but they were all seafood restaurant and Christoph's attitude in terms of seafood might be well-known by now.
Finally we took the last one on the pier. I was in the mood for something special and so I decided to go for a just-caught crab.

Christoph on the Pier

view from the restaurant to the harbour and surroundings

struggeling with the crab
 (I couldn't get rid of the fish smell on my hands for a while:-) )

At 19:20 we walked back to our Inn and arrived there at about 20:00. The rest of the evening was filled with blogging, emailing and preparation for the upcoming bike trip. Christoph pumped up our bikes and already packed his stuff before we went to bed at 23:45.

The 2nd half of our trip could begin, we were ready!:-)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen