Dienstag, 28. Februar 2012

Actually today it's March 24, and we (Christoph and I) are in Abu Dhabi. I'm recovering from my diarrhea and Christoph ist just having a message, but this is another story I'll tell later.
We are on our way back to Germany after 22 days in Nepal. Because of the daily and often long-lasting power cuts in Nepal, I wasn't able to work on my blog properly. So I took notes every day and now I'll try to write down our story:
If I should describe Nepal in a few words I'd say: "up and down" and this is what the Nepalese say about their country either.

February 28, 2012 - Travel Day

Even though our flight was scheduled at 10:05 p.m. I got up at 8:15 a.m. (after a night without any sleep because of my "travel fever":-) I hadn't finished packing at that time and without the help of my father I wouldn't have been able to close the suitcase and backpack:-) (I am really bad at packing!)


Our luggage

Each of us was allowed to carry 23kg shared among 2 pieces of luggage plus hand luggage (7 kg): we had exactly 46kg distributed among 2 backpacks + 1 suitcase! ("The problem" was that we needed 1 suitcase with completely different (means formal or appropriate) clothes for our 3 days in Abu Dhabi on the way back to Germany.

At 12:20 p.m. my parents and I drove to my aunt and uncle (they live close to the airport in Frankfurt) and I enjoyed my last cake and european dinner for the next 4 weeks. At 8 p.m. I met Christoph at the airport (he still had to work on that day and after work he took the train from Bonn to the airport). At 8:15 p.m. we said goodbye to my parents and passed the customs. Even though there was a strike at the airport we were lucky and our airplane (A 330, flight number EY 08) took off on time. During the flight we had one meal and I watched a movie. Neither of us could sleep because the seats (of course economy class:-) felt short of space.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen